Avondale Community Action deliver, incubate and enable locally-led community development projects. We’ve done so since 2012.
We’re passionate about:
- Enhancing public spaces through urban activations
- Improving our town centre in terms of design, connectivity and accessibility
- Engaging with elected representatives and Council staff – asking brave questions and advocating for things that are important to Avondale locals
- Supporting projects and outreach that:
- Disrupt social deprivation and isolation
- Ignite community pride, positivity and connection
To connect, enable, energise and champion collaborative community-led development in Avondale.
Avondale: a thriving, connected, vibrant and diverse community that locals feel proud to be a part of.
Our trustees, and their varied expertise:
Sue Thirkettle – administration and accounting, residential social work, Not-for-Profit management, restorative justice
Michelle Ardern – Graphic design, creative practice, place making
Simon O’Carroll – Medical Science, research, funding
Melissa Allan – Barrister
Mark Lewis – landscape architect and ecologist
In the past & present we have been supported by various organisations, we would like to thank you for helping us to keep going.